Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing photo albums from iphone to Mac

I have organised my photos on the iphone into several albums. But when I want to import them into Photos on my Imac, the albums disappear. I can import all the photos, but I have to re-organise them into albums again.

So for example I have an album "holiday spain" with 50 photos on my iphone. I want to import them on my Imac into the app Photos as an album, so that on the imac library there is a new album "holiday spain" with the right photos in it.

I can't find how to do this. Not so much of a problem if it concerns 3 albums with some photos, but when you have 30 albums with 50 photos each it becomes a pain.

Any solutions or suggestions pls?

thank you.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 10:21 AM

The only way to transfer the albums between Apple devices is iCloud Photos. If your Mac and your iPhone are syncing the Photos Library with iCloud, the albums will be identical on all synced devices. iCloud Photos is keeping your Photos Library identical - the edited versions with the adjustments will sync, the Life Photos will sync, even titles and keywords. You will not be seeing the titles on your iPhone, but you can search for them.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2019 10:21 AM in response to wataru69

The only way to transfer the albums between Apple devices is iCloud Photos. If your Mac and your iPhone are syncing the Photos Library with iCloud, the albums will be identical on all synced devices. iCloud Photos is keeping your Photos Library identical - the edited versions with the adjustments will sync, the Life Photos will sync, even titles and keywords. You will not be seeing the titles on your iPhone, but you can search for them.

Nov 24, 2019 1:55 AM in response to léonie

Thank you, that was very helpful!

Now I just hope that the many more photos that I have on the Imac, will not all sync back to the iphone, because that is way too much, and I don't want ALL my pictures with me all the time on the iphone.

Maybe I should make several libraries then or so.

But thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

importing photo albums from iphone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.