Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update from high sierra to mojave

I thought I had downloaded Mojave a week or so ago in order to update from High Sierra to Mojave, then had distractions and did not install it. Now Mojave appears to not even be in the App Store anymore. I see I can download from this page, but am not sure which download to use.

I'm running a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Unsure about updating to Catalina because of some of my software needs.

Suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Download macOS Mojave

Visit the macOS Mojave page on the App Store, then click the Get button. After downloading, the installer opens automatically.

Get macOS Mojave from the App Store

Upgrade to macOS Mojave - Official Apple Support

JUST be SURE you are getting Mojave and not Catalina 64 bit only with many issues!!!!

Similar questions

14 replies

Nov 23, 2019 4:08 PM in response to fyip

I have the same problem as the poster - when I follow your first link to the app store I get this popup: "this copy of the instal macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can't be used it install macOS." I have High Sierra. And at this link https://support.apple.com/downloads/mojave 10.14 is not listed (though all the other versions are listed).

As I couldn't download 10.14, I downloaded 10.14.1 - but it says I need 10.14 (I guess that is obvious) first.

Any suggestions?

Nov 25, 2019 2:40 PM in response to traypup

ok, here's what I did:

• Delete the installer in Safe Mode. Get into Safe Mode by powering off the Mac, then holding down shift; Then with that key held down, powering it back on and only releasing it when the login screen appears.
  • Then, inside of safe mode, delete the installer and redownload it.

I hope that helps!

Nov 24, 2019 7:17 AM in response to BarbyW

The solution from Apple Support: go to Applications folder and find > Install macOS Mojave. Move that to the trash then go to app store and try downloading again. It appears to be working! No more "damaged" message. @traypup

(I had no idea that file was there, dated 2018, might have automatically downloaded at some point as I never consciously did it; don't have autoupdates enabled but at any rate, here we are).

@fyip thanks for your help

Nov 25, 2019 8:23 AM in response to BarbyW

Welp so this happened. (Seems I had alegría de burro as we say on Spanish - false hope).

Any instructions you follow via app store or apple support takes you to

the download Mojave button - and the file is always "damaged" - I spent

several hours with Apple support over the weekend, we walked through

every scenario including making sure any files such as Install macOS

Mojave were deleted, changing security settings, etc. Did full (well

99.99%) download twice only to have it produce the same message at the

very end. I am not the only one with this issue; support escalated to a

higher level and I have to get back on with them today.

Nov 25, 2019 2:18 PM in response to BarbyW

Hi @BarbyW -- The Apple support person I worked with had me shut down my laptop, restart in Safe Mode, make sure the old Install file was deleted, and then retry. Somehow it all worked after I restarted after being in Safe Mode. I can't, for the life of me, find the exact instructions, but if I do, I'll paste them here.

update from high sierra to mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.