Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

age restriction (music)

Hello!

I don't need function "age restriction", I am full age, but I cannot listen some sort of music because of age limit and I cannot cancel it.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 2:05 PM

nechaaevva,

I appreciate the new set of screenshots!

Based on what you're sharing, the restrictions set up appears fine. Can you try turning off Restrictions entirely, along with Screen Time on your phone. I'd like you to then test if you are able to play the explicit content.

Keep me posted.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 2:05 PM in response to nechaaevva

nechaaevva,

I appreciate the new set of screenshots!

Based on what you're sharing, the restrictions set up appears fine. Can you try turning off Restrictions entirely, along with Screen Time on your phone. I'd like you to then test if you are able to play the explicit content.

Keep me posted.

Nov 26, 2019 1:12 PM in response to nechaaevva

Hi nechaaevva,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you may be unable to listen to certain songs due to some type of restriction. I'd like to help.

Navigate to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions. Check to see if you have restrictions turned on for explicit content. If you do, go ahead and turn it off, then test playing your selected music again: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

If this does not resolve the issue, please reply back and translate your screenshot into English, to help us better understand the exact message you are running into.

Regards.

Nov 27, 2019 6:15 AM in response to nechaaevva

nechaaevva,

Thanks for trying that step as well.

Now that restrictions are off, I'd like to see if the same alert pops up when you attempt to purchase explicit content within the iTunes Store, or if you now receive a prompt to agree to explicit content downloads. Please open the iTunes Store app itself on your iPhone. Then, use the Search tab at the bottom, and search for the same explicit song or album. Tap on the purchase price box to act as if you are going to purchase the song or album. This may create a prompt asking you to agree or to provide permission to download the explicit content. If so, agree to it (since that's what you prefer), and then you can hit Cancel, to cancel out of that transaction so you don't actually purchase the content.

If this works, go back to your Music app, and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Regards.

age restriction (music)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.