Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 reset restrictions (on) or deleting the password request

I have an iPhone 5, Model: MD663AB/A, the Restrictions is "On" (The setting menu --- General---- Restrictions --- on)

I forgot the passcode & can't change anything in the device.

Is there a way to send me this password or delete it so the restrictions mode turns off & I can deal with the device again.

Thanks in-advance

Yehia

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:43 AM

Forgot (You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.)

I am sorry, if you have forgotten your Lock Screen passcode and there is no backup, then all data is lost, if you have one, not to worry. But if you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode and even if you have a backup everything is lost because restoring will bring back the screen time restrictions (Status Quo).

Forgot either? Click below…

Click->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 4:43 AM in response to yehia59

Forgot (You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.)

I am sorry, if you have forgotten your Lock Screen passcode and there is no backup, then all data is lost, if you have one, not to worry. But if you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode and even if you have a backup everything is lost because restoring will bring back the screen time restrictions (Status Quo).

Forgot either? Click below…

Click->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

iPhone 5 reset restrictions (on) or deleting the password request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.