Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to de-authorize old devices. How?

I need to de-authorize 2 old devices, stolen and broken, so that I can authorize my newest Mac. How?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:36 PM

Deauthorize all and then reauthorize any you still have. See: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Also note it is applicable only to computers See the following from the same link:

You don’t need to authorize your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or other Apple device. These devices don’t use your available authorizations. Learn how to check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in and how to remove a device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 4:36 PM in response to Heath Patrie

Deauthorize all and then reauthorize any you still have. See: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Also note it is applicable only to computers See the following from the same link:

You don’t need to authorize your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or other Apple device. These devices don’t use your available authorizations. Learn how to check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in and how to remove a device.

Nov 24, 2019 7:59 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you, FoxFifth! I had figured it out, but thank you so much ^_^

I would have thought there would be a less drastic solution than de-authorizing everything globally and then reauthorizing select machines, but the whole process went quite smoothly

{It may be due to being a musician that I've become skittish about making initiating changes.}

~jp

Need to de-authorize old devices. How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.