Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full

Hye i’m using 6s and currently my storage is full with no single photo in albums and i’d tried the famous “change the date method” to find phantom photos and did not work for me at all. For now i only have whatsapp and google photos app, and if anyone suggesting to download any app regarding the said problem i’m sorry I can’t. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 10:19 PM

I am not aware of any such method "famous “change the date method” to find phantom photos"

Know here what is making the storage full --> How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

• Apps: Installed apps and their content, and content stored in "On My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch" directory in the Files app, and Safari downloads 
  • Photos: Photos and videos stored in the Photos app
  • Media: Music, videos, podcasts, ringtones, artwork, and Voice Memos
  • Mail: Emails and their attachments
  • Apple Books: Books and PDFs in the Books app
  • iCloud Drive: iCloud Drive content that has been downloaded locally to your device. This content can't be automatically deleted.
  • Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 10:19 PM in response to Liellypatra

I am not aware of any such method "famous “change the date method” to find phantom photos"

Know here what is making the storage full --> How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

• Apps: Installed apps and their content, and content stored in "On My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch" directory in the Files app, and Safari downloads 
  • Photos: Photos and videos stored in the Photos app
  • Media: Music, videos, podcasts, ringtones, artwork, and Voice Memos
  • Mail: Emails and their attachments
  • Apple Books: Books and PDFs in the Books app
  • iCloud Drive: iCloud Drive content that has been downloaded locally to your device. This content can't be automatically deleted.
  • Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

Storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.