Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 7th generation wont charge or pick up in itunes

my ipod nano 7g wont charge, even tho its plugged in. itunes wont pick it up when i plug it into my computer. i tried every cord ihad and all the usb port

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 8:39 AM

It just fully charged the other day... but their is no lightning icon inside the battery. my computer still wont pick up the ipod, even tho its plugged in. I think its water/snow damage because i fell into the snow bank while i was listening to music and my pocket filled with snow. I got rid of the snow in the port and it worked until i hooked it up to charge it for the night and it didnt light up 😕. Would sending it in to apple be worth it, because it got discontinued in mid-2017. 🤔🤔

*EDIT*- i tapped solved instead of edit, oops

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 8:39 AM in response to DanielleM182

It just fully charged the other day... but their is no lightning icon inside the battery. my computer still wont pick up the ipod, even tho its plugged in. I think its water/snow damage because i fell into the snow bank while i was listening to music and my pocket filled with snow. I got rid of the snow in the port and it worked until i hooked it up to charge it for the night and it didnt light up 😕. Would sending it in to apple be worth it, because it got discontinued in mid-2017. 🤔🤔

*EDIT*- i tapped solved instead of edit, oops

Nov 27, 2019 6:19 PM in response to cmvlogsYT

Hey cmvlogsYT,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I hear that your iPod nano won't charge and you've tried a few steps. Additionally, it seems iTunes doesn't recognize your device. I'd be happy to help out.

The following article provides helpful steps for troubleshooting your iPod not charging as expected: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Additionally, you can see steps to take for iTunes not recognizing your iPod from the following guide: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Cheers!

ipod nano 7th generation wont charge or pick up in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.