Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So how does this procedure work now that iTunes no longer exists?

How do I backup my phone now that itunes doesn't exist?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 6:44 AM

Not sure how you managed to backup through the Music app. The Backup option is now found in Finder.

In the Music App, you only see your music, and can turn on iCloud Music Library if you want to gey your music into iCloud, but that is not a backup at all.

See here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

and here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 6:44 AM in response to wililupy

Not sure how you managed to backup through the Music app. The Backup option is now found in Finder.

In the Music App, you only see your music, and can turn on iCloud Music Library if you want to gey your music into iCloud, but that is not a backup at all.

See here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

and here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 25, 2019 6:28 AM in response to wililupy

So I managed to get the backup to work using Apple Music, however I get warnings saying that music on my phone cannot be synced becuase of my Mac. It has been upgraded to Catalina, and I feel that it is not trusted, and I can't remember how to do that. I thought that if it used iCloud, it should happen automagically, but it appears that iCloud integration between i* and Mac Computer is, to put it lightly, extremely ****** and not working at all. Please fix iCloud sync for MacOS 15.

So how does this procedure work now that iTunes no longer exists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.