Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect disabled iphone 5 to wifi or mobile data ?

I can't connect my disabled iphone 5 to wifi so I can clean mu iphone.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 12:34 PM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2019 3:08 PM in response to lidija246

If the iPhone is disabled, you need to follow the instructions in If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

exactly.

That includes the following from that link (begin the following with the phone NOT connected to the computer):

Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

Nov 26, 2019 7:54 AM in response to lidija246

If it is disabled, you cannot connect to the internet. If it won't go into recovery mode the other option is to contact Apple for service. See the following from If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your device using recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken or stuck buttons, contact Apple Support. Then follow the steps to set up service for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

How to connect disabled iphone 5 to wifi or mobile data ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.