Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore viber messages

I have backup on Icloud. How to restore viber messages?

Thanks.

Natalija

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 2:07 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2019 5:10 PM in response to natalija32

Hey natalija32,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you'd like to know how to restore Viber messages from an iCloud backup. I'd be happy to help out. I'd recommend using the information below to verify the steps you took to back up your Viber data as this requires steps separate from a standard iCloud backup of your device. After you've verified the steps you took, there are additional steps for restoring your Viber messages:

"Back up messages on iPhone

1. Open Viber

2. Select the more options screen

3. Select Settings

4. Choose Account

5. Select Viber Backup

6. Choose Back up now

7. Wait while Viber backs up your data to the iCloud (this can take a while)

Please note:  you must be connected to your iCloud before you can back up your messages. If you aren't connected to the iCloud service:

1. Open your iPhone settings

2. Choose iCloud and sign in

3. Select iCloud Drive and enable it

4. Scroll through the apps and make sure Viber is switched to ON

Restore your messages

Once you have downloaded and reactivated Viber, you can restore your messages. You can only save the information from your latest backup. Any previous backups are deleted when you do a new one.

Please note: You can only restore your messages to the same platform and the same phone number. For example, if you have an Android phone, you can only restore your messages to a new Android phone with the same phone number."

Back up and restore Viber messages

For additional information about what is included with an iCloud backup, check out this resource: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Cheers!

How to restore viber messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.