Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble connecting via Marriott Guest wifi

I'm a guest in a Marriott Hotel and the wifi won't connect to my MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 9:57 PM

Go Deacs Said:

"Trouble connecting via Marriott Guest wifi: I'm a guest in a Marriott Hotel and the wifi won't connect to my MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?"

-------

Yes. Six Thoughts:

Clear Your Temporary Internet Files:

This include (History, Cookies & Cache):

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

So, clear them.

Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Create a New Administrator:

Using a new Administrator-type of user on your MacBook Pro, see if that helps. You can always delete the newly-created administrator, once no longer needed.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Users & Groups
  3. Click: the "+" button
  4. Create: a new Administrator

Obtain a New Login Key:

If that is of no success, then contact the Host (likely the front desk clerk of the hotel). Request a new login key. Perhaps it is already being used. Be certain Caps Lock is not enabled when entering it.

-------

Moreover:

Enable Firewall:

Keep others out of your computer as much as possibile. Go Here: OS X: About the application firewall

Scan your Mac for Malware:

Use Malwarebytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes - Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Then...

Rid of any Security Software:

Security Software is unneeded on a Mac, and, if installed, that is most likely what is getting in the way here. I am thinking that being a PLAN (Public Local Area Network), the software you have installed is making a high-suspicion of it, thus blocking you out from gaining access to the domain and login page. If you gain access to the Internet. Download ans use un-installer application to completely to rid of it, as deleting it from your Mac will not rid of all files. Find the un-installer application on the developer's site.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 9:57 PM in response to Go Deacs

Go Deacs Said:

"Trouble connecting via Marriott Guest wifi: I'm a guest in a Marriott Hotel and the wifi won't connect to my MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?"

-------

Yes. Six Thoughts:

Clear Your Temporary Internet Files:

This include (History, Cookies & Cache):

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

So, clear them.

Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Create a New Administrator:

Using a new Administrator-type of user on your MacBook Pro, see if that helps. You can always delete the newly-created administrator, once no longer needed.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Users & Groups
  3. Click: the "+" button
  4. Create: a new Administrator

Obtain a New Login Key:

If that is of no success, then contact the Host (likely the front desk clerk of the hotel). Request a new login key. Perhaps it is already being used. Be certain Caps Lock is not enabled when entering it.

-------

Moreover:

Enable Firewall:

Keep others out of your computer as much as possibile. Go Here: OS X: About the application firewall

Scan your Mac for Malware:

Use Malwarebytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes - Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Then...

Rid of any Security Software:

Security Software is unneeded on a Mac, and, if installed, that is most likely what is getting in the way here. I am thinking that being a PLAN (Public Local Area Network), the software you have installed is making a high-suspicion of it, thus blocking you out from gaining access to the domain and login page. If you gain access to the Internet. Download ans use un-installer application to completely to rid of it, as deleting it from your Mac will not rid of all files. Find the un-installer application on the developer's site.

Trouble connecting via Marriott Guest wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.