Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted Windstream email Account but still is asking me for the password

How to totally delete Windstream account, I did it from Mail and set ups. Still asking for password to send an email. Windstream is not longer my internet provider.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 1:29 PM

HI Alis500,

Have you checked System Preferences > Internet accounts to see if the Windstream account shows up there?

Deleting it from Mail might not delete it from internet Accounts hence why your Mac might still be asking for your password.

Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Internet Accounts and delete the account in question if it shows up in the list.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 1:29 PM in response to Alis500

HI Alis500,

Have you checked System Preferences > Internet accounts to see if the Windstream account shows up there?

Deleting it from Mail might not delete it from internet Accounts hence why your Mac might still be asking for your password.

Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Internet Accounts and delete the account in question if it shows up in the list.

I hope this helps.

I deleted Windstream email Account but still is asking me for the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.