Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network printer connection

Has anyone else had issues with using a network printer recently? I use the IP address to install the printer. It was working before I installed Catalina. Afterwards, it worked for a bit, then stopped. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and again, it worked for a bit, but then stopped. I haven't been able to get it to work since. Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on and what I can do to fix this?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 8:09 AM

See if your network printer is supported in Apple's AirPrint. If so, eliminate vendor drivers and just use AirPrint when you Reset the print system. If you can do that, has the printer remained connected?

You are using a static, reserved IP address that lies outside of your regular DHCP address range in your router, right?

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 8:09 AM in response to moorelf

See if your network printer is supported in Apple's AirPrint. If so, eliminate vendor drivers and just use AirPrint when you Reset the print system. If you can do that, has the printer remained connected?

You are using a static, reserved IP address that lies outside of your regular DHCP address range in your router, right?

Nov 26, 2019 12:58 PM in response to moorelf

Cut up 100 green sheets of paper in the size of dollar bills. Each time you make a sales call, pay yourself one "bill." The goal is to "earn" 100 of these per day. You will earn more in sales, and it has a secondary psychology benefit. Of course, being a resource multiplier will eat into your sales time…

So… wired AirPrint now working for you?

Nov 26, 2019 1:04 PM in response to VikingOSX

Nope. I think that's how it was set up to begin with. I'm starting to think a sledgehammer may be the answer to the problem. But which machine I'll use it on, not sure yet.

This is drastic, but what I may do is erase everything and start anew. The system is older and this isn't the first time it's given me issues after updates. When I wiped everything and started anew before, it worked perfectly.

network printer connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.