Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Apple Watch work without paired to an iPhone?

I bought my son an Apple Watch (GPS+Cellular) but he don't has his own cellular phone. I added an Apple Watch Digits line from my phone carrier. However, after it set up, all my phone message/call went to his Apple Watch too. May I know how should I set up to make his watch standalone to use without paired to my phone? We would like to text him while he's away from home. Many thanks.

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 3:11 PM

As you have found out this will not work,an apple watch MUST have it's own phone to communicate with,because it's paired to your phone every text message,phone call and email you receive will also go to his watch.Apart from giving him your phone you could buy him the cheapest iphone that will work with the watch which is an iphone 6s.I have to repeat though that an apple watch won't work without being paired to an iphone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 3:11 PM in response to monsterling214

As you have found out this will not work,an apple watch MUST have it's own phone to communicate with,because it's paired to your phone every text message,phone call and email you receive will also go to his watch.Apart from giving him your phone you could buy him the cheapest iphone that will work with the watch which is an iphone 6s.I have to repeat though that an apple watch won't work without being paired to an iphone.

How to get Apple Watch work without paired to an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.