Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop continual requests to install the java SDK? But I can't. It's not compatible with latest version of OS

How to stop the repeated requests to install a new Java program? I get multiple requests a day. I've tried to install it, but I"m not allowed b/c it's not compatible with current OS. Help Apple!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 4:24 AM

Do you need Java? Do you need the SDK (instead of the Runtime)? (Many user don’t need it.) (Are you a Java developer?)

Are you aware that Oracle changed the licensing significantly last April? Causing weird shifts is versioning and ending validity of installed versions.

Some Java based apps might be looking for older Java 6 components, which are a separate download.

What is your current version of Java? (System Preferences﹥Java)

What is your current version macOS? (Your sig says El Capitan 10.11, but you post to the Sierra (10.12) sub-forum.

The Java system requirements say that Java JRE 8 (8.231 currently) should run on OS X 10.8.3+, 10.9+.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 4:24 AM in response to BobMill

Do you need Java? Do you need the SDK (instead of the Runtime)? (Many user don’t need it.) (Are you a Java developer?)

Are you aware that Oracle changed the licensing significantly last April? Causing weird shifts is versioning and ending validity of installed versions.

Some Java based apps might be looking for older Java 6 components, which are a separate download.

What is your current version of Java? (System Preferences﹥Java)

What is your current version macOS? (Your sig says El Capitan 10.11, but you post to the Sierra (10.12) sub-forum.

The Java system requirements say that Java JRE 8 (8.231 currently) should run on OS X 10.8.3+, 10.9+.

How to stop continual requests to install the java SDK? But I can't. It's not compatible with latest version of OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.