Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics Processor Not Showing in About Mac

I have an 15 inch, 2017 MacBook Pro which comes with Intel inbuilt graphics and AMD Radeon Pro 555.

Recently when I checked my about Mac for I found it only displaying the inbuilt Intel Graphics and not the Radeon. While digging deeper to System Repot I found that it was displaying both the cards.

Is this an issue I should be concerned with?

And is the AMD GPU still being used or not? is their any specific way to verify that

Sharing the screenshots.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 12:38 AM

You can check in System Preferences->Energy Saver to see if the box for Automatic Graphics Switching is on or off. If you turn it off, your mac is supposed to use the Radeon gpu exclusively. Run some graphics heavy application, open Activity Monitor, and show the GPU History window. This will show how much each of the graphics cards is used as time goes on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 12:38 AM in response to Saransh2012

You can check in System Preferences->Energy Saver to see if the box for Automatic Graphics Switching is on or off. If you turn it off, your mac is supposed to use the Radeon gpu exclusively. Run some graphics heavy application, open Activity Monitor, and show the GPU History window. This will show how much each of the graphics cards is used as time goes on.

Graphics Processor Not Showing in About Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.