Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apple Cash text

i sent my mother money via Apple Cash in a text message. She deleted the text because she never set up Apple Pay and didn’t know how to accept the money Problem is my bank is showing the money debited. How do I get it back ( or how can she retrieve the texted money?)

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 1:26 PM

See the following from Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

If you send money to someone who hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment. Here's how:

1. Open Messages and go to the payment. Or go to the payment in Latest Transactions. 
  2. Tap the payment to see its details, then check the Status field. 
  3. Tap Cancel Payment. The Status field updates to say Canceled. If you don't see the option to cancel, then the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the person to send money back to you instead. 

If you reject or cancel a payment, the money will be refunded by the next business day depending on your bank or card issuer. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 1:26 PM in response to ekandresen

See the following from Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

If you send money to someone who hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment. Here's how:

1. Open Messages and go to the payment. Or go to the payment in Latest Transactions. 
  2. Tap the payment to see its details, then check the Status field. 
  3. Tap Cancel Payment. The Status field updates to say Canceled. If you don't see the option to cancel, then the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the person to send money back to you instead. 

If you reject or cancel a payment, the money will be refunded by the next business day depending on your bank or card issuer. 

Lost Apple Cash text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.