Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fillable Cells, but altering either or doesn't affect the formula?

Hello, I swear that before I used a spreadsheet where if I chose to say enter data in the "Lbs" cell rather then "Kgs" in cell it wouldn't delete the formula that was in the cell so that essentially if I put in a weight into the "Lbs" cell it would automatically populate the kg equivalent in the "Kgs" cell or vice versa. Furthermore, after I did that I could enter data in the "Kgs" cell it would show up the equivalent in the "Lbs" cell all the while not effecting the underlying formula in each cell? Please advise!

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 2:45 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 28, 2019 5:08 PM in response to 1234x

I would set it up like this

Enter number values in column A. Column B is a Pop-Up Menu.

This formula is then copy and pasted into column E, and the “kg” and “lb” arguments in my CONVERT formula flipped.

Nothing to it. Took longer to write this post than it did to code the sheet.

I don’t see how they could “add this feature somehow”. No spreadsheet application in existence can do what you are wanting to do, as the formula is the cell contents. You can’t start typing values into filled cells without overwriting what is already there. It’s just not possible, the way spreadsheets are currently designed, and I doubt that’ll change in my lifetime.

Fillable Cells, but altering either or doesn't affect the formula?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.