Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Account has not been used yet

Hi, I am trying to update my macbook to the newest version, but when i try to download the update i get the message "This Apple-id has not yet been used in the App store. Control your account information". I have then made sure that i have filled in all my information for the account properly, but i still get the same message. By the way i am using a new account as i have lost the old one and if i try to download any other app i get the same message. Please help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 4:22 PM

If you are sure you filled in the information correctly, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

If what you are trying to download was originally downloaded with another Apple ID, you may have to delete the app, and download it using your current ID.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 4:22 PM in response to AnonMacBookUser

If you are sure you filled in the information correctly, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

If what you are trying to download was originally downloaded with another Apple ID, you may have to delete the app, and download it using your current ID.

Apple Account has not been used yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.