Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a mid-2013 MacBook Air and I cannot get Catalina to Load. Have sufficient space.

I HAVE A MID 2013 MACBOOK AIR AND I CANNOT GET CATALINA TO LOAD. HAVE SUFFICIENT SPACE.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 2:52 PM

Look in the Applications folder to see if the installer app is there. It's titled "Install macOS Catalina.app". If it's there delete it. Then try downloading it again from the System/System Update preference pane.

If that fails, again check and delete the installer if it's there. Then boot into Safe Mode (Use Safe Mode to isolate issues with your Mac) and try downloading and installing from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 2:52 PM in response to Tuuka123

Look in the Applications folder to see if the installer app is there. It's titled "Install macOS Catalina.app". If it's there delete it. Then try downloading it again from the System/System Update preference pane.

If that fails, again check and delete the installer if it's there. Then boot into Safe Mode (Use Safe Mode to isolate issues with your Mac) and try downloading and installing from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Nov 28, 2019 10:09 PM in response to Tuuka123

Please refrain from using all CAPS as it is very annoying and it makes it difficult to read.

You need to provide more detailed information such as:

What happens when you try to install Catalina?

What is the exact error message?

At what point does the install fail?

What version of macOS are you currently running? Is it completely up to date?

Do you have a third party SSD installed?

If you have any third party anti-virus or security software installed, then uninstall them by following the developer's instructions unless they are required by your school or employer. If these apps are required, then boot into Safe Mode and try installing Catalina again.

I have a mid-2013 MacBook Air and I cannot get Catalina to Load. Have sufficient space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.