Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone mail showing I have unread mail but no mail in the box

Ever since upgrading to iOS 13.2.3 on my iPhone S.E. Mail shows that I have three unread pieces of mail in the inbox. The problem is that there is no there. Is there a way to fix this?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 1:40 PM

Was debating the best way to resolve the issue. In a dream it was suggested that I disable the account and then re enable it. I tried it and it worked. The three un read emails from November became visible. They were nothing important so I deleted them. Now my phone shows no messages as it should.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 1:40 PM in response to Larrie Easterly

Was debating the best way to resolve the issue. In a dream it was suggested that I disable the account and then re enable it. I tried it and it worked. The three un read emails from November became visible. They were nothing important so I deleted them. Now my phone shows no messages as it should.

Nov 28, 2019 9:04 PM in response to SravanKrA

Yes and yes. The mail box in question is setup as POP. I have manually deleted all of the emails on the server and still get the same results. Have closed all the apps and shut the phone down by holding the on/off button. Still see the same thing when I turn it back on. I do not have this issue on this account on either my iPad or Mac.

iPhone mail showing I have unread mail but no mail in the box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.