Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password

How do I keep a family member from changing my password?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 8:14 AM

You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 8:14 AM in response to ballen9471

You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Nov 28, 2019 4:39 AM in response to ballen9471

First, do you mean password or passcode?

Change your passcode and don't tell them the new one. Of course they can't use your device if you do that. I don't know if Screen Time offers anything along these lines. A passcode is a pretty fundamental level tool to stop people from doing unwanted things on your device.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - https://support.apple.com/HT208982

Nov 28, 2019 8:21 AM in response to ballen9471

Perhaps back up and tell us what exactly is happening to make you reset your password. Is it really being changed?

Frankly the word "hacked" os over-used. Is your wife one of those wonder, female hackers I see on TV who can turn to a computer and then 5 seconds later say, "Okay, I'm into the NSA database!?" Or is she "hacking" by coming up to you and saying, "Sweeties, I can never remember the name of your first pet, what was it again?"

I strongly suspect what you are seeing isn't "hacking" but you misunderstanding some other feature or message.

Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.