Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding a specific past beta build of macOS to install on my MBP

Almost a month back, I contacted Apple to seek help finding a particular past beta build of macOS. One of the people I spoke with on the phone later sent me the following very nice email as follow-up.

His main suggestion had been to use the Apple Feedback Assistant to get in touch with the team in charge of the betas, so I did just that, as below.

However, it's been almost a month with no response. I emailed back the person I spoke with as well (screenshots below), but no responses from there either.

I'm now not quite sure what I should do now, so any and all suggestions are welcome. If anyone knows of a way to get the specific build of macOS (build 18f127a), that'd be awesome too. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 4:56 AM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2019 5:07 AM in response to svm96

It would surprise me if Apple made an old beta build available. Apple's take on older software is it is essentially forgotten as though it never existed. I have to admit, in the case of a beta, nobody else in the world would likely be using it except for you so why develop specifically for it?

Nov 28, 2019 7:13 AM in response to Limnos

Hiya, thanks for the reply :) 'Never existed' got a good chuckle out of me lol.

Maybe not openly available, but I would hope that the old beta build could be provided on request? I do realize it's an uncommon request.

As for why, I can't say much (or give specific details) due to company confidentiality, but basically a couple of beta testers had that build and some interesting behaviour was observed that I want to try and reproduce on my machine.

I do still have the case number, I'm just trying to figure how to proceed/whom to contact..

Finding a specific past beta build of macOS to install on my MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.