Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad doesnt detect simcard what could be the issue

ipad not detecting simcard

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 5:36 AM

You will need to do a little troubleshooting on your own if you want to avoid a trip to the Genius Bar or your cellular service provider.

First of all, I am working on the assumption that "doesn't detect" means that the icon says "No SIM" even when yours is inserted. You will need to try three things.

1. Take the SIM out of your iPad and clean it with a cloth. Put it back. Does it work? You're done!

If not...

2. Take the SIM out of your iPad and insert it into any other nano-SIM device. Is the SIM recognized (even if not compatible)?

3. Take another nano SIM and put it into your iPad. Does your iPad recognize it (even if not compatible)?

Doing these three experiments will tell you if your SIM is simply dirty or if your SIM is faulty or if your iPad is faulty. Please let us know how you make out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 5:36 AM in response to rwasike

You will need to do a little troubleshooting on your own if you want to avoid a trip to the Genius Bar or your cellular service provider.

First of all, I am working on the assumption that "doesn't detect" means that the icon says "No SIM" even when yours is inserted. You will need to try three things.

1. Take the SIM out of your iPad and clean it with a cloth. Put it back. Does it work? You're done!

If not...

2. Take the SIM out of your iPad and insert it into any other nano-SIM device. Is the SIM recognized (even if not compatible)?

3. Take another nano SIM and put it into your iPad. Does your iPad recognize it (even if not compatible)?

Doing these three experiments will tell you if your SIM is simply dirty or if your SIM is faulty or if your iPad is faulty. Please let us know how you make out.

my ipad doesnt detect simcard what could be the issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.