Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro lightening cable audio issue

So we’re heading to visit some family for Thanksgiving and I plugged in my iPhone 11 Pro to the USB port in my wife’s car. It’s a standard lightening cable. Within a few seconds there’s a pop or slight scratch through the speakers. That’s the best I can do to describe the sound, but it happens every few minutes or so. I’ve been using this phone in my car with a Bluetooth connection and haven’t had any audio issues. We tried a different cable with the same result. Any ideas what could be happening or could this be a software issue?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 7:11 AM

If that iphone keeps on charging fine with other USBs ports (on a computer or in a different car), it could be a problem of your wife's USB port in her car. Make some tests.

In any case, since that iPhone is brand new, you can have it (and its cables) inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider.

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 7:11 AM in response to Richard Prater

If that iphone keeps on charging fine with other USBs ports (on a computer or in a different car), it could be a problem of your wife's USB port in her car. Make some tests.

In any case, since that iPhone is brand new, you can have it (and its cables) inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone 11 Pro lightening cable audio issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.