Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App Fails to Load Library from Apple Music

Sometimes when I run the Music app after a restart, after a few minutes it will tell me it can't load my library from Apple Music. As a result, most of my songs, if any, show up or are made available, no playlists, nothing. Quitting and reopening Music doesn't help, it all loads on my other devices without fail (iPhone, iPad), and my Internet connection is fine (I can browse, stream, play online games, etc.). Another restart rights it, but it will still happen again eventually.

Sadly, Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo have failed me in helping me find anything on this.

What could be causing this? How can I get it to work again without restarting it (is there a process I can kill and restart, for example)?

Thank you, folks.

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 8:17 AM

(Re)authorize your computer and try again. Catalina seems to "forget" the authorization status sometimes.

tt2

1 reply

Music App Fails to Load Library from Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.