Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are apps in the app store no longer showing if it is a free app or if there is a charge?

It used to be that when you went to the app store on the iPhone that you could see if there is a charge for the app or if it is free. Now there is only a GET button and you won't know until you go to download an app. Why is that? I have stopped trying to download apps because I read where someone downloaded one and it said there was a 30 day trial and then would be a charge. He immediately removed the app but was later charged for it. There is something inherently wrong with not showing a price.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 4:17 AM

If an app is paid the price should show: if it's free it will say 'Get'. However many free apps have in-app payments to get much use out of them, and these should be listed.

If an app has a free trial, it's normal fof the subscription to kick in automatically at the end of the trial. Just deleting the app won't stop this, you have to specifically cancel the subscription as well (more than 24 hours before the end of the trial). Please see: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 4:17 AM in response to wandaeastcoast

If an app is paid the price should show: if it's free it will say 'Get'. However many free apps have in-app payments to get much use out of them, and these should be listed.

If an app has a free trial, it's normal fof the subscription to kick in automatically at the end of the trial. Just deleting the app won't stop this, you have to specifically cancel the subscription as well (more than 24 hours before the end of the trial). Please see: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Dec 5, 2019 6:16 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I totally agree! Rather than “GET”, it should read “GET “ for free or for $x.xx. If I use my “play dough” account, I tend to keep a low balance in there so I need to know if I will be charged prior to commitment!Apple support has always been very friendly and helpful! Obviously truly caring about my issues or concerns. Why would ya feel the need to keep me in the dark by not displaying something as elementary as a price tag? Seems counter productive to me! Just sayin....

Why are apps in the app store no longer showing if it is a free app or if there is a charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.