Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove anysearchmanager.com?

How can I remove anysearchmanager.com from my computer

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 8:04 AM

Please explain the problem in more detail. If this an app that has been installed, then drag it to the Trash and empty the Trash. Without a more complete explanation we can't help you.

It would also help us if we knew what iMac you have and the version of Mac OS installed. If you are not sure, please click the Apple symbol in the upper left of the display and click About this Mac.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 8:04 AM in response to Alaskamick

Please explain the problem in more detail. If this an app that has been installed, then drag it to the Trash and empty the Trash. Without a more complete explanation we can't help you.

It would also help us if we knew what iMac you have and the version of Mac OS installed. If you are not sure, please click the Apple symbol in the upper left of the display and click About this Mac.

Nov 29, 2019 9:00 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for your replynand trying to help.

My computer is :-imac 21.5" Mid 2011

Version 10.13.6

This is something that installed itself when I was visiting various sites.

When I load Safari I no longer get my favourite tabs showing

If I click on the x at the end of my tab bar it keeps coming up with the same thing. Nothing else.

I have tried to remove it from the system by following the direction on how to do it but at the point where i go to preference in Safari it comes up with the general page and the home page is showing the address for the offending site.

I was told to delete it and replace it with the correct home page but the the line with the address is greyed out and I have no way to do anything to it.

I think that if it were showing normally I would just be able to delete it and replace it with the correct address.

Any idea how I can do this as I am at a loss.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

How can I remove anysearchmanager.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.