Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I open 32 bit applications in Catalina

can I open 32 bit applications in Catalina?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 1:12 PM

If you need to use 32-bit apps on a Mac running macOS Catalina, you basically have three choices:

1. Check with the app developer to see if they now provide a 64-bit version of the app.
  2. Use a VM manger, like Parallels or VMware, to create a VM of an earlier release of an Apple OS that still supports these apps. Then switch to that VM when you need to access them.
  3. Create an additional APFS volume on your Mac, and install an earlier Apple OS release. Then boot up with that volume.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 1:12 PM in response to morgen66

If you need to use 32-bit apps on a Mac running macOS Catalina, you basically have three choices:

1. Check with the app developer to see if they now provide a 64-bit version of the app.
  2. Use a VM manger, like Parallels or VMware, to create a VM of an earlier release of an Apple OS that still supports these apps. Then switch to that VM when you need to access them.
  3. Create an additional APFS volume on your Mac, and install an earlier Apple OS release. Then boot up with that volume.

can I open 32 bit applications in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.