Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upload photos from Photo to internet sites

The photos seem to be there (screenshot#1) but when I try to access them from a site I can't see anything (shot#2)..can anyone help?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 10:31 AM

Hmm. That's a Finder sidebar. We can tell this simply because it has a Tags heading and no Media heading. So, basically, as we've been telling you, you're looking in the wrong place. So, try this now.

You're reading this in a web browser. Go command-o. (That's a command to open a file. It results in a dialogue box - so called as it's the way the computer asks you what you want to open). Can you see the difference in the sidebar?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2019 10:31 AM in response to dcpamdla

Hmm. That's a Finder sidebar. We can tell this simply because it has a Tags heading and no Media heading. So, basically, as we've been telling you, you're looking in the wrong place. So, try this now.

You're reading this in a web browser. Go command-o. (That's a command to open a file. It results in a dialogue box - so called as it's the way the computer asks you what you want to open). Can you see the difference in the sidebar?

Nov 30, 2019 9:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

There is no media heading (screenshot). I should say that I had trouble with Catalina (disaster really) and the Apple advisor had me essentially wipe my hard drive, install Mojave, and then reload my data (including photos) from my external My Passport. I don't use iCloud if I can help it....the computer seems able to access the Photo Library (which is greyed out, meaning it's selected) and roll random photos as a screen saver...and if a photo is on my desktop I can upload it, either to a site like Facebook or to another program on my hard drive...before the disaster, sites like Facebook were able to pick up photos from the Photo Library...some kind of linkage or setting seems to have gone wrong...and...where can I find that Media heading? Thanks for your help.

I can't upload photos from Photo to internet sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.