Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green lines on my screen

Hi, I’ve encountered green vertical lights on the edge (right side) of my iphoneX screen. What possible issue is this? Could this be fixed? I’ve just noticed this lately, my phone was bought just in August 2019. Hoping for ur assistance and response. Thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:40 PM

I won't believe what happened to my phone just earlier. Hope many of you could read this. So based on my post last Nov. 30, I had this vertical green line (light) on the right side (edge) of my IphoneX. I very well know that a lot of us users of IphoneX encountered this as I've also read posts about this and watched on YouTube as well. I even talked to Apple's support chat and advised me to go to Apple store for repair but unfortunately the model of my IphoneX is not available for repair in our country. And so I was really bothered and even decided to go to Singapore (nearest Apple store I can go to) just for the repair of my phone. But before everything has been all decided or even before booking my flight to Singapore, I experienced an unbelievable thing which could make you really laugh.

So here's the thing, when I was outside the food chain where I was having my lunch at, I took my phone out of my pocket just this noon. I remembered looking at my phone with the green line on it until seconds after I noticed that the green line was starting to fade from thick line to thin line to very thin line until it was just all gone. I'm thinking my phone was hit by the sun since I'm outside and it seems like magic to me. To conclude this, it just hits me in the head - "The sun repaired my IphoneX" :D

Until I realized (but can't conclude) that the green line appeared on my phone was due to Smart Invert from the Settings of my Iphone, I remembered trying it out without the green line and days after I noticed the green line. Actually, before my phone gets back to normal, I've already remembered this just last week and tried to enable/disable the Smart Invert then restart the phone, but it doesn't work. Now I don't want to try to enable Smart Invert again and take my Iphone outside and have it touched by the sun just to confirm if this is really the cause and all.

Anyway, just sharing this unbelievable experience, guys! Have a good day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 11:40 PM in response to aiko017

I won't believe what happened to my phone just earlier. Hope many of you could read this. So based on my post last Nov. 30, I had this vertical green line (light) on the right side (edge) of my IphoneX. I very well know that a lot of us users of IphoneX encountered this as I've also read posts about this and watched on YouTube as well. I even talked to Apple's support chat and advised me to go to Apple store for repair but unfortunately the model of my IphoneX is not available for repair in our country. And so I was really bothered and even decided to go to Singapore (nearest Apple store I can go to) just for the repair of my phone. But before everything has been all decided or even before booking my flight to Singapore, I experienced an unbelievable thing which could make you really laugh.

So here's the thing, when I was outside the food chain where I was having my lunch at, I took my phone out of my pocket just this noon. I remembered looking at my phone with the green line on it until seconds after I noticed that the green line was starting to fade from thick line to thin line to very thin line until it was just all gone. I'm thinking my phone was hit by the sun since I'm outside and it seems like magic to me. To conclude this, it just hits me in the head - "The sun repaired my IphoneX" :D

Until I realized (but can't conclude) that the green line appeared on my phone was due to Smart Invert from the Settings of my Iphone, I remembered trying it out without the green line and days after I noticed the green line. Actually, before my phone gets back to normal, I've already remembered this just last week and tried to enable/disable the Smart Invert then restart the phone, but it doesn't work. Now I don't want to try to enable Smart Invert again and take my Iphone outside and have it touched by the sun just to confirm if this is really the cause and all.

Anyway, just sharing this unbelievable experience, guys! Have a good day!

Green lines on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.