Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone shows “network update failure,” but I have the latest software

The iPhone shows “network update failure,” but I have the latest software. I don’t understand what to do, help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 5:20 AM

There are two major Updates in an iPhone / iPad:

1. iOS Update (Recommended): Released by Apple Inc basically for improvements, security and bug fixes. My 10 years of experience says, it has no affect on Data, Calls & SMSs if not updated
  2. Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to update iOS

Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates, then turn off AutomaticUpdates. At any time, you can check for and install software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.

Update iOS software on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2019 5:20 AM in response to trager_y

There are two major Updates in an iPhone / iPad:

1. iOS Update (Recommended): Released by Apple Inc basically for improvements, security and bug fixes. My 10 years of experience says, it has no affect on Data, Calls & SMSs if not updated
  2. Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to update iOS

Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates, then turn off AutomaticUpdates. At any time, you can check for and install software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.

Update iOS software on iPhone - Apple Support

iPhone shows “network update failure,” but I have the latest software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.