Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It's almost impossible to download my photos from iPhone X

This is the last phone i will ever use from apple! It's almost impossible to download my photos from iPhone X

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 11:07 AM

in response to liviu_barbu

"I just conected to my computer by cable, and try to download my photos and videos. Trust me, something that simple, it looks like impossible mission. It disconnects all the time. I used for years apple products, but today i got very frustrated, and i will stop to this one, even i have a lot of apps bayed already and a long history with apple. "

Ok. So, you connected your iPhone X to which type of computer? MacOS or Windows computer? How exactly did you try to download your photos and videos? From your question, it seems like the cable you are using to connect your phone to your computer is damaged. To begin with, ....

1. Ensure that your cable is operational. Are you able to charge your iPhone X using this cable?
  2. Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version
  3. Ensure that your computer usb port is working. Have you had any issues with connecting other devices (not necessarily apple) to your computer in the past?

Finally, are your photos and videos synced with iCloud? If so, you can just go to icloud.com (sign in with the apple id that is used with your phone) and try downloading your photos and videos from there.

Hope this helps :)

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 11:07 AM in response to liviu_barbu

in response to liviu_barbu

"I just conected to my computer by cable, and try to download my photos and videos. Trust me, something that simple, it looks like impossible mission. It disconnects all the time. I used for years apple products, but today i got very frustrated, and i will stop to this one, even i have a lot of apps bayed already and a long history with apple. "

Ok. So, you connected your iPhone X to which type of computer? MacOS or Windows computer? How exactly did you try to download your photos and videos? From your question, it seems like the cable you are using to connect your phone to your computer is damaged. To begin with, ....

1. Ensure that your cable is operational. Are you able to charge your iPhone X using this cable?
  2. Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version
  3. Ensure that your computer usb port is working. Have you had any issues with connecting other devices (not necessarily apple) to your computer in the past?

Finally, are your photos and videos synced with iCloud? If so, you can just go to icloud.com (sign in with the apple id that is used with your phone) and try downloading your photos and videos from there.

Hope this helps :)

Dec 1, 2019 8:12 AM in response to stedman1

I just conected to my computer by cable, and try to download my photos and videos. Trust me, something that simple, it looks like impossible mission. It disconnects all the time. I used for years apple products, but today i got very frustrated, and i will stop to this one, even i have a lot of apps bayed already and a long history with apple.

Dec 1, 2019 11:12 AM in response to liviu_barbu

in response to liviu_barbu:

"I've got very frustrated. I just try to download some photos by cable and it disconnects all the time. "

That is understandable. We've probably all been frustrated with Apple before, you're not the only one :))

But unless you provide any details and/or explain what exactly is the issue you are having, none of the community members can help you. What you choose to do now is entirely up to you.

It's almost impossible to download my photos from iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.