Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After resetting iphone 6+ it's requiring me to update my phone in order to install apps, even though I downloaded one 3 days ago with no problems

is there a way to fix this? usually It gives me an option to download a previous version suited for my device, but after resetting + reactivation, it doesn't. Is it just terrible coincidental timing on my part and they removed the previous versions today? Updating isn't an option for me. Specifically one of the apps in question is Instagram, downloaded it no problem a few days ago, yet now it refuses. This pretty much takes the smart outta the phone which kinda dumps lol, I can practically only make calls. so I'm trying my best to find a solution :(

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 6:54 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 4, 2019 2:35 PM in response to Oakuoii

Hello Oakuoii,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone.

What is it asking you to update? Please check this article if the alert is about Update Failed: If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart - Apple Support

If it's with the App Store, please check this article: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device - Apple Support

If neither article has helped resolve your issue, please provide more details about what is going on. Also provide the iOS version on your device, and info about the alert or error message you are receiving. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

After resetting iphone 6+ it's requiring me to update my phone in order to install apps, even though I downloaded one 3 days ago with no problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.