Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email keep downloading

Just got a new iPhone 11 and all my old deleted emails keep downloading to my mail. I have over 3000 and as I delete them more are received. It’s never ending! Please help.

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 9:49 PM

Which email account are you referring to? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Meanwhile look at the settings on Mail Days to sync

On the iPhone there is an option called "Mail Days To Sync." / "Remove After" This option allows you to save space on your iPhone by telling the server to stop pushing emails to your phone. There are several options to select: "No Limit" -- This option will send all the emails in your inbox and folders to your iPhone

Most mails will follow this sequence

Settings > Password & Accounts > iCloud > Mail (Scroll Down) > Advanced > Remove [Select from the options]

Settings > Password & Accounts > AOL > Account > Advanced > Remove [Select from the options]

Settings > Password & Accounts > Yahoo > Account > Advanced > Remove [Select from the options]

Except for Outlook

Settings > Password & Accounts > Outlook > Mail Days to Sync [Select from the options]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 9:49 PM in response to LisaDRN

Which email account are you referring to? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Meanwhile look at the settings on Mail Days to sync

On the iPhone there is an option called "Mail Days To Sync." / "Remove After" This option allows you to save space on your iPhone by telling the server to stop pushing emails to your phone. There are several options to select: "No Limit" -- This option will send all the emails in your inbox and folders to your iPhone

Most mails will follow this sequence

Settings > Password & Accounts > iCloud > Mail (Scroll Down) > Advanced > Remove [Select from the options]

Settings > Password & Accounts > AOL > Account > Advanced > Remove [Select from the options]

Settings > Password & Accounts > Yahoo > Account > Advanced > Remove [Select from the options]

Except for Outlook

Settings > Password & Accounts > Outlook > Mail Days to Sync [Select from the options]

Email keep downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.