Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Friend Sharing on Apple Music

Would Apple ever entertain the idea of a “host” streaming music to a speaker or other device and allowing friends to add music from apple music to the queue?

For example, if I’m playing music over a bluetooth speaker at a tailgate and other friends want to listen to certain songs, they could add music “up next” to make a playlist created by multiple people.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:48 PM

Apple Support Communities is set up as an end-user to end-user technical issue support service (i.e., users like you helping other users). Feedback for Apple will likely get more attention if you send it using:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

4 replies

Dec 1, 2019 7:51 PM in response to Limnos

Given that Apple Music is normally released as an individual or family subscription, I think it would be a very complex feature to add. Are you talking about adding music from their individual subscriptions, or giving them access to your subscription (which is probably against how it is intended to be used in the first place)?

Dec 1, 2019 8:13 PM in response to Limnos

I was thinking something similar to the YouTube app on Smart TV’s. Where multiple people can log onto the channel and make a queue for the videos to play next.

For example, FriendA is playing music over a bluetooth speaker with a group of friends. When FriendB, who has their own subscription wants to add a couple songs to play next. They could make a shared queue to play both of their songs.

I believe iTunes had a feature like this (iTunes DJ or Party Shuffle, maybe?) where guests could connect to your playlist with a code you shared with then and add music to play after the current queue was up. But to my knowledge, this feature was never implemented to Apple Music.

Obviously any parties involved in adding music to the queue would have to have an active Apple Music subscription.

Friend Sharing on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.