Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook for Mac error - Outlook can't send or save this message with the attached file If you remove the attachment, you will be able to save the draft message.

I am supporting a user with the above issue. Regardless of the file type this message comes up and the user needs to kill outlook or restart to allow them to attach a file to email.

I have tried the following;

• Attaching by dragging and browsing - same result
  • deleting plist files for microsoft. This fixes it, but only temporarily.
  • reinstall outlook - problem persists.

I have seen threads on this here but none that actually have a working solution. Has anyone found a way to stop this?

Thanks,

Aisling

MacBook

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 3:13 AM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2019 8:19 PM in response to aisling161

I got this problem for about 3 months tried so much way but the problem still here.

The temp way to fix this issue : use web outlook app / reboot your macbook

Here is the solution on google that i tried

• clear fonts cache on 3rd party fonts utilities, clear font books.
  • use new user profile, reset everything again.

But very interesting, i have some other mojave machine, they are never having this issue.

Outlook for Mac error - Outlook can't send or save this message with the attached file If you remove the attachment, you will be able to save the draft message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.