Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gateway 502 Error Message

I can't open my mail in aol.com. I get a Gateway 502 error message. My aol id/password allow me to the AOL web-site but I can't open my email. Help!

MacBook Pro 15", 10.13

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 11:12 AM

Your recommendation worked! I realized that I could access my AOL email easily with my ipad and iphone. So I took my Mac (which were in the same room as the ipad and iphone) and moved it to a different room. Now I can get my AOL email messages. Thank you for your assistance!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2019 11:12 AM in response to Tesserax

Your recommendation worked! I realized that I could access my AOL email easily with my ipad and iphone. So I took my Mac (which were in the same room as the ipad and iphone) and moved it to a different room. Now I can get my AOL email messages. Thank you for your assistance!

Dec 2, 2019 10:33 AM in response to Schwyz

An HTTP response code of 502 would indicate an issue with a server, not your computer. In this case, the server was acting as either a gateway or proxy and received an invalid response from another server upstream of it.

Does this issue happen regardless of where your notebook is connected to the Internet or only from a specific location?

Gateway 502 Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.