Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete photos from recents but keep in album iPhone?

I want to move the photos FROM "recent" into an album so that I don't have to scroll through them eg. I have over 800 photos which all belong in one album and I want them to move to the album rather than stay in the general photos area. That way I can see what's new and not yet sorted in an album.

Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 10:51 AM

It is not possible to move photos from the predefined albums "Recents", "Imports", "All Photos" and other predefined albums to your own albums. The predefined albums are a kind of smart albums, that are showing all photos from your library according to some criteria. You can add a photo to as many albums as you want, but not not remove it from the predefined albums. To remove a photo from Recents you have to delete it from the library and then it will vanish from all your albums as well.

To find all photos, that are not yet in an album create a smart album:

• File > New Smart Album
  • Set the rule to "Album is not any".

This smart album will show you all photos, that have not yet been assigned to any album. You may want to add a rule "Date added is in the last ... days", toes only the most recent photos.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2019 10:51 AM in response to pdzik

It is not possible to move photos from the predefined albums "Recents", "Imports", "All Photos" and other predefined albums to your own albums. The predefined albums are a kind of smart albums, that are showing all photos from your library according to some criteria. You can add a photo to as many albums as you want, but not not remove it from the predefined albums. To remove a photo from Recents you have to delete it from the library and then it will vanish from all your albums as well.

To find all photos, that are not yet in an album create a smart album:

• File > New Smart Album
  • Set the rule to "Album is not any".

This smart album will show you all photos, that have not yet been assigned to any album. You may want to add a rule "Date added is in the last ... days", toes only the most recent photos.

Dec 2, 2019 11:59 AM in response to léonie

Sorry, I overlooked, that you are using an iPhone. The smart album will only work on a Mac.

On an iPhone you would have to add your "Recent" photos to a new album "My recents". Then start from this album, when you add the photos to a new album. From your own "My Recent" album you can remove the photos after adding them to another album.

How to delete photos from recents but keep in album iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.