Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How durabile are protective cases for Apple Watches?

I work as an electrician and often times I'm literally belly crawling in tight spaces filled with dust, insulation and live wires. Are the protective cases for these watches much like those as an Otterbox? Are they sturdy and can they withstand a lot of banging/dropping/rubbing up against a variety of materials? Or is the glass too exposed and unprotected from the inevitable?

Follow up question:

Are they insulated enough with stand an electrical shock from a breaker box or outlet short?

Any help would do!! I'm open to suggestions and recommendations for other brands. Just wanted to stay with Apple since it's more compatible with my iPhone.

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 10:34 PM

2 replies

Dec 3, 2019 10:50 AM in response to 4n6_is_life

I find that combining a Defender Edge with a Glass Screen protector for the Apple Watch to be more durable than nothing. Your watch without those is still fairly durable, just be mindful of where you're swinging your wrist. I did physical security without any protection on my watch and it did fairly well, all I have is a few very small and almost unnoticeable scratches on the screen. Either way you go, you can expect high quality durability for your watch as Apple uses some of the strongest glass they can for their products.

How durabile are protective cases for Apple Watches?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.