Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro’s new firmware 2B588 makes me feel uncomfortable when using ANC

Simillar to other user’s report, I felt the ANC becomes significantly weaker after the firmware update, according to some source, this purpose is to reduce the dizziness some users reported. However, while I didn’t feel such dizziness in previous version, the new firmware turns out to make me dizzy!

It happens frequently when it is noisy outside when the ANC is most needed. While the ANC do cancel out some low to middle frequency noise, the heavy bass and high frequency noise are largely retained, as confirmed by the test below. Such ANC strategy makes them even more stand out and become very annoying! I am afraid this has relationship with the dizziness I felt after AirPod pro is updated to 2B588.

I feel the same in multiple devices that are updated to the newest firmware, of my classmates and in Apple Store. Also, I can confirm I do not have any illness history related to this feeling.

Would you please at least try to solve the problem in future update or just roll back to the previous versions of firmwares?

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 3:10 AM

My airpro noise cancellation Function become significantly weakerAfter updating the filmwork. Which makes me want to refund the product. Is there any way to reserve it

3 replies

AirPods Pro’s new firmware 2B588 makes me feel uncomfortable when using ANC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.