Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote won't save my replaced fonts - I have to replace them every time I open the file. Help!

Every time I open my keynote file on my new MacBook Air, I have to replace the custom fonts. I have installed the fonts into the Font Book, and they are there when I go to "replace" the "missing" fonts, but when I save the file, the replacements don't save. Any thoughts? It's wasting so much time!

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 1:05 PM

Hello SorrySelfTaught,

Thanks for the updated info.

I believe the answer to your question is based on your preferences. This follow on article shows the option to change your preferences to install your fonts to User or Computer. Change Font Book preferences on Mac - Apple Support

"Default Install Location

Choose where to install fonts:

• User: Fonts are available only to you and are located in the Fonts folder in your home Library (~/Library/Fonts/). To see your home Library folder, click the Finder icon in the Dock, press and hold the Option key, then choose Go > Library.
  • Computer: Fonts are available to any user on this Mac and are located in the Fonts folder in the system Library (/Library/Fonts/). You must enter an administrator’s password to install fonts here.

System fonts you download from Apple aren’t installed in these locations."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 1:05 PM in response to SorrySelfTaught

Hello SorrySelfTaught,

Thanks for the updated info.

I believe the answer to your question is based on your preferences. This follow on article shows the option to change your preferences to install your fonts to User or Computer. Change Font Book preferences on Mac - Apple Support

"Default Install Location

Choose where to install fonts:

• User: Fonts are available only to you and are located in the Fonts folder in your home Library (~/Library/Fonts/). To see your home Library folder, click the Finder icon in the Dock, press and hold the Option key, then choose Go > Library.
  • Computer: Fonts are available to any user on this Mac and are located in the Fonts folder in the system Library (/Library/Fonts/). You must enter an administrator’s password to install fonts here.

System fonts you download from Apple aren’t installed in these locations."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Dec 6, 2019 9:22 AM in response to SorrySelfTaught

Hello SorrySelfTaught,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Keynote and fonts on your Mac.

Are you installing Fonts using the Mac Font Book? Install and validate fonts in Font Book on Mac - Apple Support

In that article, there is also a step to validate fonts, which can provide info on warnings or errors, and help resolve issues. If this has not resolved your issue, please let us know where they fonts came from, and if you are installing using the Mac Font Book. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

keynote won't save my replaced fonts - I have to replace them every time I open the file. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.