Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you install macOS 10.15 Catalina on MacBook (2010)?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 12:43 AM

No. Read this. How to upgrade to macOS Catalina – Apple Support

12 replies

Dec 5, 2019 2:28 AM in response to LD150

The specific question was about a MacBook, having established Catalina can only be installed on a MacBook if it is from 2015 or later, later means any date after 2015.

Dialabrain confused the issue by saying 2012, which is true for other Macs, excluding the MacBook (2015 or later), the MacPro (2013) and the iMacPro.

Anyway it is getting close to Christmas and I have to make sure my reindeer are ready for the big night.

Have you been good?

Dec 5, 2019 2:33 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Eau Rouge wrote:

The specific question was about a MacBook, having established Catalina can only be installed on a MacBook if it is from 2015 or later, later means any date after 2015.

The question was can you install Catalina on a 2010 MacBook. The answer is "No"

Dialabrain confused the issue by saying 2012, which is true for other Macs, excluding the MacBook (2015 or later), the MacPro (2013) and the iMacPro.

Sorry I confused you. 😀

Dec 5, 2019 2:57 AM in response to dialabrain

That is what I answered, giving the link to the Upgrade To article, where the original poster

then could see that only MacBooks from 2015 or later could install Catalina.

Your first post then said Catalina requires a 2012 Mac or later,

So in respect of the OP's question this was slightly misleading to the OP that is why they responded to you

reiterating the MacBook needs to be 2015 or later.

As I said I've got to get the reindeer match fit for the big day, I will be expecting shortbread and

the reindeer have swapped carrots for contactless. Reindeers today!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.