Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Theft iPhone x

Icloud and find my phone are active on my iphone, but today it's a message to me:

Apple Inc., Your lost iPhoneX 256GB Gray has been found today in Tehran, Iran.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 9:53 AM

6 replies

Dec 4, 2019 10:04 AM in response to mo297

Apple cannot help you find your phone. No one here can help you find your phone. We're all other users.

If you already followed the link to the scam site and entered your Apple ID and password, then your phone is gone. They now have what they need to sign it out of your iCloud account, erase it, and use or sell it as a working phone.

What you need to do immediately is go into your iCloud account and change your password. You must do this before the crooks do. Otherwise, they'll not only have your phone, but also control of your account.

Dec 4, 2019 12:08 PM in response to mo297

Could it be possible to track Apple through the phone serial?

No. There isn't any smartphone manufacturer who can do that. If you know the phone's IMEI number, you might be able to get it blacklisted.

Apple would be able to help in its popularity if it was tracked and done by the stolen iPhone.

Apple is not in law enforcement. It's not their job to track every single item they sell, just as Ford, Chevy or just about any other auto manufacturer does not track their vehicles. The really expensive makers install tracking systems, but you're paying for that service on $125,000 or higher value cars. An iPhone is not a six or seven figure product.

Theft iPhone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.