Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware on a mac

Does Apple recommend using malwarebytes for use on a Mac pc?

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 7:33 PM

Malwarebytes is safe to use, however it likely is unnecessary as it only removes malware and adware that you download and install. If you use a little common sense it is unnecessary. The common sense is NEVER download anything from a site you are not familiar with an trust. NEVER fall for scams as Apple advises in Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams and NEVER download anything from a torrent, particularly software you did not pay for!

I have been using Macs for many years and follow my own advice, when I used Malwarebytes it did not find anything to remove so I uninstalled it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2019 7:33 PM in response to Luvtennis

Malwarebytes is safe to use, however it likely is unnecessary as it only removes malware and adware that you download and install. If you use a little common sense it is unnecessary. The common sense is NEVER download anything from a site you are not familiar with an trust. NEVER fall for scams as Apple advises in Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams and NEVER download anything from a torrent, particularly software you did not pay for!

I have been using Macs for many years and follow my own advice, when I used Malwarebytes it did not find anything to remove so I uninstalled it.

Malware on a mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.