Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How make Airport Utility work with new printer

AppleCare moved me up to Mojave - latest problem is now how to print to a new (because of the upgrade) printer, wirelessly.

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 3:16 PM

Is your printer on the Apple Airport list of printers? If so, you can print wirelessly to the printer without any vendor drivers.

Reset your powered printer, and instead of vendor drivers, select AirPrint before re-adding your printer. If not an AirPrint capable printer, then visit the printer vendor's site and search for drivers for your particular printer model and Mojave (10.14). After you install these, visit the Reset your powered printer link again, and this time choose your vendor's drivers, before readding the printer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 3:16 PM in response to Mary C Hodges

Is your printer on the Apple Airport list of printers? If so, you can print wirelessly to the printer without any vendor drivers.

Reset your powered printer, and instead of vendor drivers, select AirPrint before re-adding your printer. If not an AirPrint capable printer, then visit the printer vendor's site and search for drivers for your particular printer model and Mojave (10.14). After you install these, visit the Reset your powered printer link again, and this time choose your vendor's drivers, before readding the printer.

Dec 6, 2019 8:54 AM in response to VikingOSX

I am so comforted you made an Airprint/Airport confusion, though briefly. My new printer does allow AirPrint, but one set of instructions mentioned Airport, which I also use for my WiFi Network.

When I saw AirPrint in my query, after I had sent...I knew I needed to slow down and wait for a reply here. The three responses put together helped sort out my confusion and clarified the steps needed to have wireless printing available in my house. Whew, how nice success is. I like being able to understand how to set-up Airprint, and I have a better understand of my Wi-Fi system from my Airport. 80 year olds can learn computing, if slowly. Thanks to you all!!!

MCH

How make Airport Utility work with new printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.