Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - Multiple Midi tracks to One Instrument Track?

I need

help.

Instead of

loading each time the same plugin instrument say Piano to many midi tracks.

How to make

multiple Midi tracks send data to one Instrument Track where the Piano is

loaded?

I could

make several midi tracks to get attacked to one Instrument track with Piano in

the MIDI Environment.

But I need

to mute and unmute these midi tracks.

When I mute

a midi track the music is still heard and is being sent to the Instrument rack.

The same with ON/ OFF buttons and even Volume won’t help. Because when you move

the Volume in the Midi track it is also moves in the Instrument track with

Piano.

Am I the

only one with the idea to make Multiple Midi tracks independently send data to the

same Instrument Track?

Thank you!

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 1:38 PM

RustGL wrote:

Thank you for the quick answer!
I understand your idea.
I will try it when I get home.

New Track with Same Instrument - does it load one more instance of the Plugin Instrument?

No, it uses to the same instrument, even thugh it looks like it is another instance. But if you for example create three duplicates, you will have four tracks that all point to just one instrument.

Or the one which is already loaded in the previcous track will be used? It will save the CPU of the computer I think.

Yes, the already loaded one is used and it will save CPU. Whatever you change in the instrument (or indeed the inserted plugins) will be "mirrored" in all the other duplicates. So if you have one instrument and three insert plugins, you will still have only one instrument and three insert plugins even if you have seven or twelve or thirty tracks.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 1:38 PM in response to RustGL

RustGL wrote:

Thank you for the quick answer!
I understand your idea.
I will try it when I get home.

New Track with Same Instrument - does it load one more instance of the Plugin Instrument?

No, it uses to the same instrument, even thugh it looks like it is another instance. But if you for example create three duplicates, you will have four tracks that all point to just one instrument.

Or the one which is already loaded in the previcous track will be used? It will save the CPU of the computer I think.

Yes, the already loaded one is used and it will save CPU. Whatever you change in the instrument (or indeed the inserted plugins) will be "mirrored" in all the other duplicates. So if you have one instrument and three insert plugins, you will still have only one instrument and three insert plugins even if you have seven or twelve or thirty tracks.

Dec 5, 2019 12:50 PM in response to RustGL

No, you are not the only one, and there is a command for it (ignore the key combo, that is my custom key combo). Select the originating track and then use this command:

When you mute (or solo) the original or one of the duplicates, all others are muted (or soloed) too. To mute tracks, use region mute on selected regions.

Help - Multiple Midi tracks to One Instrument Track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.