Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes payment

I was wondering how i would purchase a ringtone using the gift card i redeemed into my acciunt because it keeps saying verify the payment information in the family sharing settings but i want to buy it using my apple ID balance

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 4:04 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2019 7:11 AM in response to rAw32

Hey rAw32,

If I understand correctly, you have an existing balance on your Apple ID and you want to be charged there and not use a different payment method. This shows that you will be billed using an existing balance first.

"This is the order in which Apple attempts to charge your payment methods:

1. If you have an Apple ID balance, Apple attempts to use your Apple ID balance to cover the full amount of the bill.
  2. If you don't have an Apple ID balance or you don't have enough balance to cover the full amount of the bill, Apple attempts to charge your primary payment method. Your primary payment method is the payment method that's listed at the top of your Manage Payments page."

How App Store and iTunes Store purchases are billed

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Itunes payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.