Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When the previous owner of an iPhone can not provide his password in order to unlock the iPhone. What options are available in order to unlock it.

I have a 4s from a previous owner but he cannot provide me with password of his Apple ID. He also his email is inactive and can’t recover the password. What options I have to unlock the phone.

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 8:54 AM

2 replies

Dec 6, 2019 8:58 AM in response to neoklis273

You can't unlock it unless the previous owner signs out of their account and removes the phone from their account. If they can't do that, the phone is worthless. Ask for a refund.

if they are the original owner, have them take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

When the previous owner of an iPhone can not provide his password in order to unlock the iPhone. What options are available in order to unlock it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.