Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search engine redirects to "Any Search"

I had a similar issue to others with my search browser redirecting to yahoo even though my setting is for Google. I installed the suggested Malwarebytes and ran the scan twice. It now says the scan is "clear." That fixed my yahoo redirect problem, but Safari is still not defaulting to Google. Instead I am redirecting to "Any Search" - whatever that is.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 6:10 PM

Okay - I went searching some more and it turns out the redirect was on my homepage preference. I had to remove a profile preference from System Preferences, not Safari Preferences.

This article helped: https://www.macworld.com/article/3353516/how-to-fix-a-grayed-out-safari-home-page-preference.html

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 6, 2019 1:06 PM in response to Eric Root

I did restart. But, I did it all again and restarted again just in case. Still getting the same redirect. I tried the manual instructions, I had no suspicious or newly added programs, no extensions to remove, and my homepage was still set to apple.com/startpage. Malwarebytes also still says all clear.

I was just trying to update my flash player yesterday when this all started. That's when I got the yahoo redirect. I later downloaded Firefox because there are two things for my grad program I can't seem to access using Safari. But, again, these issues were happening before I downloaded Firefox. Then, I fixed the yahoo redirect problem, was fine and dandy for a few searches and then I got the any search redirect.

Search engine redirects to "Any Search"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.